Marios-Panagiotis Efthymiopoulos (PhD)
Founder and Chairman of the Board of Advisors of Strategy International. A Policy Center, created in Thessaloniki Greece in 2008 and reallocated in Cyprus in the service of global education, exchange knowledge and consulting in political, economic & strategic affairs.
Senior Visiting Fellow, University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN), Cyprus, School of Law, Cyprus.
Senior Geostrategic Consultant at DVK Consultants.
Member of the Geostrategic Committee of the Presidency of the Cyprus Republic, Attached to the President of Cyprus.
1. Associate Professor, Specialization: International Security and Strategy, achieve at American University in the Emirates (November 2016)
2. Assistant Professor, Specialization of International Security and Strategy, American University in the Emirates (January 2015).
3. While in the USA, Assistant Professor rank (May 2010- January 2015).
4. Lecturer, University of Cyprus, School of Social and Political Sciences, Cyprus (September 2009 – May 2010).
Dr. Efthymiopoulos in the past has held a variety of international, academic and professional positions:
A. Former Dean of Academic Affairs Jumeira University (July 2018-end of August 2018).
B. Former Founding Dean, College of Security and Global Studies, American University in the Emirates (AUE).
C. Program Director of the MA in Security and Strategic Studies, College of Security and Global Studies, American University in the Emirates.
D. Former Visiting Professor/Scholar at the Harriman Institute at Columbia University of New York.
E. Center for Transatlantic Relations, SAIS, Johns Hopkins University in Washington DC.
F. George Washington University, Business School, EU Center for Excellence, Washington DC.
G. Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, Washington DC USA.
H. Affiliated with the History Department of the University of South Florida.
I. Department of Social and Political Sciences, University Of Cyprus, Nicosia Cyprus.
J. Cook County Treasurer’s Office, Chicago Illinois,USA (as Researcher and Employee).
K. United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) Vienna Austria (Internship March-June 2003).
Extra Curricular Activities: Invited As Professor to the Following:
- Indianna University at Bloomington, College of International and Global studies, The Business School & the Department of the Middle East Studies.
- Kozmetsky Center, St. Edward’s University & Global Policy, Austin, Texas USA.
- Gulf Intelligence.
- Abu Dhabi Police Future Foresight & HQ.
- Dubai Police Crisis Management.
- Dubai Police HQ.
- Hellenic Homeland Security Police.
- Joint War College of Greece in Thessaloniki
- NATO Maritime Interdiction Operation and Training Center (NMIOTC).
- The UN and NATO training corps Kilkis.
- NATO Rapid Deployable Corps Thessaloniki.
- Professional Positions:
- NATO Defense College (NADEFCOL) & graduate of Senior Course 105 for Strategic Affairs
- Appointed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Greece.
- Intern Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) –United Nations-, Biotechnology and Biosafety section.
- Political/Financial Analyst, projector, at the County of Cook Treasurer’s Office in Chicago Illinois USA.
Executive Training Program for Professionals and Academics, Phillip Merrill Center, Johns Hopkins University, SAIS.
A PhD from the University of Crete, In International Strategic and Business Affairs from the Department of Social Studies in Crete Greece, with a “Cum Laude” .
Diploma from the NATO Defense College, Senior Course 105, on International Security and Strategy -Equivalent to Advanced Professional Master Degree-.
A Masters Degree from the University of Vienna -The Diplomatic Academy of Vienna-in Advanced International Studies, Negotiations and Strategic Affairs (MAIS) (2002-2003), Vienna Austria.
Prior he concluded the first of the two years of the Viennese program at the LSE following and concluding the first year (MSc) in Russian and Post-Soviet Studies at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), London, UK, (2001-2002).
He holds a BA (Hons) in International Relations & Politics by the University of Lincolnshire and Humberside, (1998-2001), Lincoln, UK.
Professor Efthymiopoulos holds Scholarship awards from the following:
- The Alexander S. Onassis Foundation.
- The Chris Tomaras Foundation.
- The Metropolis of Ileia
- The Department of Education & Employment of the United Kingdom
Expertise & Field Work
International Economic, Strategic and Security Affairs and Analysis, Global and National Development, Business affairs, Negotiations, Mediations, Project Development, Public and International Relations, Negotiations with International Organizations and Companies, Global and national Strategies, Geopolitical and strategic affairs, Cyber issues on resilience, continuity, sustainability and growth.
Professor Efthymiopoulos holds field work and life experiences related ranging from Southeastern Europe, Western Balkans, Greece, USA, in the European Union countries such as France, the UK, Italy, Belgium, Cyprus, Ukraine, Russia. Holds an extensive experience of more than 4 years in the Gulf Region namely the UAE, based in Dubai.
Concentration on Publications:
His concentration of publications are in Global and Regional Strategic, Business and development affairs; projection and risk assesment planning, crisis management, global policies, international organizations, defense analysis, international negotiations and operations; financial security and development and cyber security, strategy, defense and development.
Professional, Academic and op-eds articles can be seen in the following countries: Greece, Poland, the UK, the USA, Italy, Australia and Canada, in relations to Strategic Issues, Transatlantic relations, Security, Cyber Security and Defence, Smart Cities and Growth, NATO policies and foreign policies of Greece, as well as in international websites, His articles are referenced. They hold an impact factor.
Articles are posted on CNN, Europesworld, the Atlantic Council of the USA, at NATO’s (we-nato). His opinions are reflected at magazines such as Foreign Policy Magazine (such as in May 2012) or CNNi in 2014,2015.
Professor Efthymiopoulos is also a commentator on national and international TV & Radio: His comments can be seen or hear at C-Span, CNN and CNN international, CNN Ireport, National Finland Radio, Reuters, China & India Times, National TV Greece, along with Radio Stations such as the Voice of America, National Public Radio, BBC World News Service, but also Radio Stations in New York, Hellenic Radio, Hellenic Heartbeat Chicago, Skai Radio Greece, TV100 Thessaloniki and National Alpha TV & Radio, Real FM News, among others.
Professional and Social Curricula Activities:
Professor Dr. Efthymiopoulos is listed in the “Marquis Who is Who” in the World.
He is the Chief-Editor of the Online Journal co-sponsored by Strategy International and NATO titled: Journal of Southeastern European Security Strategy and Transatlantic Leadership (SESSTL).
Board review member at the Journal of Research in World Economy in Canada by the Canadian Education Association.
Board review at NATO Maritime Interdiction Training Operation Center Journal.
Member of the ISA, Was the Vice-coordinating director for Diplomatic Studies during the year 2013-2014.
An editorial board member of the upcoming Journal on interdependencies in social sciences by the Universidade Catolica Portugesa and a review member of the International Conferences international on International information warfare in Reading UK.
Professor Dr. Efthymiopoulos has an asset concentration in Strategic Development, International Security and International Economic Policy of Security Development.
English & French (fluent).
Italian & Russia (beginner).
Likes to travel, classical music, plays piano, trumpet and likes Basketball, football and plays tennis.
Social Media access:
- Twitter: @EfthymiopoulosM
- Facebook: Dr. Marios Panagiotis Efthymiopoulos
- Linkedin: Dr. Marios Panagiotis Efthymiopoulos
- Academia: https://aue.academia.edu/MariosPanagiotisEfthymiopoulos
Photo Source: http://static.communitytable.parade.com/