Key Speaker Presentations on Conferences & Forums
- St. Edwards University, Korzemtsky Center, Texas, USA March 2018
On Cyber-Security and Security in the 21st Century, Invited Guest speaker
- Indiana University, Bloomington, School of International Global Studies
Cyber-Security Annual Conference (January 2018)
On Cyber-Security, Smart Cities: Dubai’s Artificial Intelligence Strategy
Invited Guest Speaker
- Gulf Intelligence, 9th Annual Conference on Energy Security (December 2017)
Talk on Geostrategic Challenges, Energy and Opportunities
- Enterprise Risk Management (ESRM) Conference Dubai 11 October 2017
On Future of Security and Resilience, On Information Analysis
- 11th International Conference on Information Warfare & Security, ASPI & Boston University
Smart Security, Smart Defense and Smart Cities: The Case of Dubai
17 & 18 March 2016, Boston University.
- Middlesex University Dubai, 3rd International Conference RPBSS
The Game of Thrones in the Middle East
Middlesex University Dubai, November 24th 2015
- Rabdan Academy,Abu Dhabi,International Conference on Intelligence & Security
On the Theatre of Training and Operations. Securitizing with Effectiveness
4 & 5 November 2015.
- EU GR Presidency 2014, Ministry of Defense Presentation
Security and Ongoing events in the Black Sea Region & the Mediterranean.
Prospects and Challenges. “The Changing Nature of Challenges & the Game of Thrones. From Ukraine to beyond the Middle Earth”
Presented June 2014, Athens.
- NATO Maritime Interdiction Training Operation Center
MIO in an era of Converging – Diverging future Maritime Security Operations
Presented: Financial viability of Maritime Security training and operations
Souda Bay, NATO NMIOTC Center (June 2012)
- 2BS Forum Montenegro Atlantic Council Meeting (June 2012)
Presented the Views on Security in Southeastern Europe.
Financial planning and development for the future. The role of NATO
- NATO shadow Summit III, Commitments, Capabilities and Connectivity
Co-Sponsored Event in Washington. Presented views on NATO, Southeastern Europe, Greece and the Middle East
(Washington DC May 2012) (C-span recorded)
- NATO’s Chicago Summit and Greece
Organized event with NATO PDD, Public Diplomacy as a NATO Event.
Hosted and Presented the views on Greece-NATO relations
In a time of austerity measure: The way forward. (Chicago May 2012)
- Europe and the Energy Sector, European Parliament March 2012
Johns Hopkins Cooperation with Strategy International, hosted by the Hungarian MEPs
Johns Hopkins SAIS University
Presented views Energy and Southeastern Europe in a period of fiscal changes.
- Greece and Security in Southeast Europe
Annual Expo on Security. Event By Tsomokos LTD.
February 2012 Athens Divani, Caravel hotel.
- The North Atlantic Alliance and Southeastern Europe
3rd Strategy International Security Conference, January 2012
Porto Palace Hotel Thessaloniki
- NATO’s Financial Viability – Paper was Accepted-not presented.
Conference of Middle US Technology & Business Summit. Chicago USA, March 2011.
- NATO policies on the on-going work For a new Strategic Concept.
Joined War College Thessaloniki Greece – NATO Public Diplomacy Division for Southeast Europe. Thessaloniki Greece, Joined War College, 6th June 2010.
- NATO’s Cyber-Defence Policy and the Greek Case.
4th Hellenic Observatory PhD Symposium on Foreign Policy of Greece.
LSE, Hellenic Observatory & European Institute, June 2009. London UK.
Awarded for the presentation of paper in June 2009.
Hosted by the Hellenic Observatory, London School of Economics.
- Challenging NATO’s Security Operations in Electronic Warfare: The Policy of Cyber-Defence.
ECIW: European Conference on Information Warfare 2009.
Lisbon, Portugal, Defence Academy of Lisbon, 1-5 July 2009
- The Current State of Transatlantic Relations: Is There a Common Approach & Long-term Vision between the USA & Europe?
Eliamep: Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy
Halki Seminar, On Redefining Security in SEE and the Middle East.
September 12-15 2007.
- Experiencing the Paradox: Greece’s Past, Current and Future of Cooperation at NATO.
3rd Hellenic Observatory PhD Symposium, LSE, UK,
Hellenic Observatory & European Institute, June 14-15 2007 on Contemporary Greece Structures, Context and Challenges, Travel Award by the LSE.
- War-Conflict and Identity, Crisis Management & NATO.
Kokkalis Foundation Olympia Seminra. Olympia Ileia, Peloponnese July 2006.
- Weapons of Mass Destruction and proliferation. The North Atlantic View.
Publication of Paper at the 6th International Conference Maryland USA, Information Warfare and Technology, March 14 & 15 2006.
- NATO-Russia relations. A global and a regional perspective Post-September 11th.
European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) Funded for the School. Vienna Austria, 12-25 July 2004.
European Summer School.
- Russia-NATO Relations since September 11 2001.
Bilkent University, the American University of Ankara
Ankara, Turkey, 3-9 May 2003 at the Faculty of Public and Economic Administration.
Presentation & Key Note Speech. Representing the Diplomatic Academy of Vienna.
- Russia-NATO relations post-Sept 11.
University of Panteion, Athens Greece, Island of Hydra, 1-5 July 2002.
Institute of International Relations 11th Summer Training:
The New International Crisis: Implications for International Politics.
- Human Rights and the International Order
Mediterranean Academy Of Diplomatic Studies Mdina Malta Political Division IV,
Swiss Federal Department Of Foreign Affairs University of Malta
Summer Training Course: Human Rights Gender and Individual Responsibility. 17-25 July 2002.
Selected Invited Lectures
Guest Lecturing at International Center, Institutes, Universities and Security Colleges.
Topics: Intelligence, Analysis, Negotiations, Global Security & Strategy, Cyber-Security
- Indiana University, Bloomington USA, March 2018
Invited Guest at the School of International and Global Studies Annual Security And Cyber-Security Conference.
On Cyber-Security and the United Arab Emirates.
- ISNR Abu Dhabi International Security and National Resilience
Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Center, March 2018
On National Infrastructure and Resilience
- Abu Dhabi Police, Innovation week (February 2018)
Invited lecture on Future of Security and Information Analysis
- Dubai Police, Crisis Management Center (May 2016)
Invited Lecture on Ethics of Security and Crisis Management. Approval by HQ Police
- Dubai Police, Crisis Management Center (May 2015)
Invited Lecture on Aspects of Modern Security and Strategy. Approval by HQ Police
- European Commission, DG of Communications Networks, Contents and Technology
Unit H4 Trust and Security BU25 3/10, B-1049 Brussels.
December 2015, Brussels Belgium, on Alliances and Global Cyber-Security
- University of Illinois Chicago, Department of Hellenic studies
Invited Lecture: Game of Thrones, Ukraine, Russia and the Middle East.
- University of Nicosia
Guest Speaker on The Middle East
Invited by the Chair of Middle East Studies (May 2015).
- MGIMO University, Moscow Russia May 2014.
Invited Speaker: Lectured on International Security, Information Sharing and International Development.
- University of Nicosia (2013)
The Dialogue of Middle East Chair, University of Nicosia & Strategy International
Key note Speech on the Pros and Cons of Cyprus on NATO’s Partnership for Peace.
- Polish Economic Forum, 2013, Krunice Poland,
Invited Chair & Speaker at the European Security Forum and Global Relations
- Polish Economic Forum, 2012 Krunice Poland,
Invited speaker at the Euro-Atlantic Forum on Global Security.
- Hellenic Police, National Security in 2012-2013
Adjunct as Professor of National & Homeland Security
- University of Nicosia 2012
Guest Speaker on NATO issues
Guest Speaker on Middle East and Global Issues
- NATO Maritime Interdiction Training Operations Center (NMIOTC)
Security, Strategy, finances and Maritime affairs in Training and operations
June 26-28 2012
- Hellenic National Defense General Staff
Multinational Peace Support Operations Training Center.
On Maritime, boarder and Sea Land Protection.
Human Trafficking, the UNHCR, Negotiations, Countering Measures.
(June 18th 2012)
- European Parliament & SAIS Johns Hopkins University in Brussels
Transatlantic Co-Operation in Oil and Natural Gas Supply
Security and Investments in Central and Southeastern Europe
The Security View of Greece, Cyprus and Israel
March 7 2012. Brussels.
- Hellenic Armed Joint War College
Teaching Security and Diplomacy since 2010.
Latest February 15th 2012 Security, Diplomacy and Southeast Mediterranean Region
- 3rd, International Annual Strategy International Conference (Jan 2012),
With the cooperation with the Hellenic Police forces, NATO, NATO Public Diplomacy,
Marshall Center Germany.
The Johns Hopkins Center for Transatlantic Relations SAIS & Chicago University
- 2nd. International Annual Strategy International Conference (Feb 2011)
Co-sponsored by NATO, the Ministry of Hellenic Deffence, EU Commission, United Nations, Marshall Center Germany, The George Washington University, The Johns Hopkins Center for Transatlantic Relations SAIS, Chicago University
- 1st International Annual Strategy International Conference (Feb 2010),
Co-sponsored by NATO and NATO’s Public Diplomacy Division, the EU, the US Embassy and the French Embassy.
- The Inter-Organizational Cooperation, NATO’s Future & Maritime Security.
June 2011, NATO Maritime Interdiction Operations Training Center, Souda BAY Crete.
- A New Era in Peace-Building & Democratization: The Increasing Importance Of the Civil Society.
June 2011, SAIS, Center for Transatlantic Relations Johns Hopkins University, Rumi Forum and Strategy International.
- NATO post Lisbon Summit.
December 2010, Law School, Aristotle University Thessaloniki Greece.
- NATO’s Strategic Concept Application in Southeast Europe.
September 2010: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.
- NATO in an Era of Financial Crisis.
July 2010: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.
- NATO’s new Strategic Concept.
June 2 2010: Guest Lecture: War College Thessaloniki & NATO Public Diplomacy Division.
- NATO & Greece.
December 2009 Seminar Security Gallillee College Israel.
- The NATO-EU relations post Lisbon Treaty.
March 2010 1st European Union Lecture in Cyprus.
On the Perspectives and Future of the EU. Organized by Department of Political Science University of Cyprus.
- NATO in the 21st Century.
April 2009 SIPA, Columbia University New York.
Co-organized with the Greek Association of Columbia in New York.